21 Mar Influencer Marketing and Social Media Marketing with Mariska Kesteloo, founder of ‘Word of MICE’
[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”grid” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” z_index=””][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Listen on: iTunes / Podbean / Stitcher / Spotify / YouTube / Sign up for our newsletter, delivered every Friday for the latest Podcast and more info on getting you started running amazing events.
The world of social media marketing is one I’m just getting to grips with so it was great to talk with Masiska who is an expert on the topic. She has worked not only with event organisers but with hotels, resorts and destinations which is interesting to hear about things from the other side also.
‘Social media influencers’ has a lot of negative connotations (to me anyway :)) but Mariska explains how to find experts in your field and how you can use influencers to make your event a success …even on zero budget.
In this interview we discuss:
- What are social media influencers and how can you use them even on zero budget
- Learn how your speakers are an influencer that you can use to support your event (Connected point: Check out the interview with Liam Martin and his tips on how to get your speakers to record YouTube promo videos)
- The ‘MPI’ organization and how attending it’s meetups can help you build a career in the events industry
- How to make a standard promo post about your event and give it to your speakers and anyone else involved in your event to promote
- The importance of looking at social media as a conversation, not just you promoting yourself
- Why LinkedIn is still Mariska’s favourite channel as it’s completely business focussed
- Some great tips on how to connect with people on LinkedIn and use ‘sales navigator’ successfully
- How to negotiate with venues and use your social media marketing to help this
The podcast is sponsored by www.eventsframe.com – Effortless ticketing and attendee management with NO ticket fees and plans from just $20/month! Email email@example.com the subject line ‘PODCAST’ for a special secret discount code 😉
I hope you enjoyed the podcast and please leave us a review anywhere on the web it really means a lot to us!
More information on Mariska can be found below:
http://www.wordofmice.com/[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”370″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” qode_css_animation=””][vc_column_text]You will need to enter a name, the ticket that will be discounted and a minimum number of tickets to activate your chosen ticket discount.
Repeat this for all your tiers of discount.
Very important – discount order
EventsFrame will only apply one discount of each type to an order (for instance, EventsFrame would not give someone a discount for 5 registrations AND 10 registrations if they were registering 10 people).
EventsFrame reads the discount list from top to bottom, so in this example we would test against 20 registrations first, and then 10 registrations and so on to find if the order meets the requirement for the discounts:[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”371″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” qode_css_animation=””][vc_column_text]You can see in this image we have the group 20+ listed first and then so on. An order of 13 would not get the 20% discount but would receive the 10% discount.
That’s it for this week – try out the Bulk Discount option and let us know how you get on!
Matsonian’s West Coast Invitational Craft Brew Festival[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]