21 Feb Liam Martin – Founder of the ‘Running Remote’ Conference in Bali
[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”grid” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” z_index=””][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Listen on: iTunes / Podbean / Stitcher / Spotify / YouTube / Sign up for our newsletter – delivered every Friday with the latest Podcast episode and more tips on helping you run amazing events.
Liam is the founder of TimeDoctor and staff.com and also runs the ‘Running Remote’ conference in Bali. In this interview we discuss:
- How Liam started off with a plan to be a Sociology professor but it didn’t work out as he wasn’t good at teaching
- How he started the conference by finding a niche that no existing conference was serving (a great tip for listeners
- Why Liam wears his ‘Running Remote Conference’ t shirt every time he speaks at another conference
- We discuss how not many people talk about the economics of running a conference (apart from The Events Podcast :))
- How Liam focused heavily on the financials to make sure he didn’t lose money
- How you can get hotels to pay you 10-20% of all room booking fees
- How to negotiate with hotels
- How he is dealing with local governments who want to pay to bring his conference to them as they want to attract remote workers
- How it’s way easier to get sponsors for your second conference (Liam 10x’d his prices!)
- How he gets to break even just from sponsors
- Pro Tip: Get speakers to record a promo video to show they are speaking at your event – great social proof
- They sold 9% of tickets in first month, 19% in second, 30% in third, 15% in fourth, 28% in fifth, 10% in sixth
- Pro Tip: If you can get 50% of conference attendees to come again next year you are doing great
- How they made a mistake only having vegetarian food in year one
- If you have a VIP party….then charge for it
- How he got all his speakers Diplomatic Immunity!
This podcast is sponsored by www.eventsframe.com – Effortless ticketing and attendee management with NO ticket fees and plans from just $20.month! Email email@example.com the subject line ‘PODCAST’ for a special secret discount code 😉
I hope you enjoyed the podcast and if you did please leave us a review anywhere on the web it really means a lot to us !
More information on Liam can be found on https://runningremote.com
This week the EventsFrame team have been working hard on a big new release for next week – automated order receipts! We are looking forwards to releasing these over the next week so stay tuned!
Earlier this week we did launch a small update to show the Support documentation and support contact link within EventsFrame.
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”388″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” qode_css_animation=””][vc_column_text]And if you cannot find the answer you need, our support contact is just one more click away:[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”389″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” qode_css_animation=””][vc_column_text]We want to enable our valued EventsFrame users to quickly and easily find the answer to their EventsFrame questions. We continuously update our support docs and help articles, but we know there may still be something we haven’t answered. If after clicking through an article from the in-app help widget you cannot find what you need, then just click through and you can contact support from within EventsFrame itself. This option automatically logs your account so our support team can serve you much better!
We’ve had a huge growth in new customers this week so welcome to all! Here are some amazing events live right now on EventsFrame:
We’re also launching a fantastic affiliate program next week to help drive our sales growth so if you are interested in joining please get in touch via our Facebook Page[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]